- This event has passed.
City Planning Commission meeting 06/07/23
June 7 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
A City Planning Commission meeting, is scheduled for this Wednesday 6/7/23 @ 6:00 pm and takes place at City Hall, 41000 Main Street
Here is the meeting agenda
Needed : Your attendance to address the commission & support your neighbors.
OUR VOICES HEARD IN PERSON WILL HAVE THE GREATEST EFFECT!
You will have 3 minutes to speak on topics of importance to the Los Ranchitos lifestyle. Please try to be at the meeting even if you don’t plan on speaking.
Background Info: The Temecula CIP plan has far-reaching implications for life in Temecula. The Los Ranchitos Board has identified the following improvement plans as impacting our community The Board is asking you to attend the planning meeting and speak. If you cannot attend or speak, please send an email to PlanningCommission@temeculaca.
gov to be read into the minutes (please reference the above meeting). Helpful talking points are outlined below. Note: these are also planned topics of discussion for our Annual Meeting 6/9/23.
Planned road widenings of Ynez, DePortola, La Paz
Traffic Calming (speed and volume)
More details on the widening can be found on the page Ynez-De Portola Rd widening update 05/20/23 .
Feel free to use the following talking points below in your discussion and/or in your email.
Talking Points for your discussion (great to restate in your own words or add your own points):
1. Give: your name, address, how long you have lived in Temecula.
2. State: why you chose to live in Temecula and the Los Ranchitos area.
3. I am concerned with the increase number of cars cutting thru our beautiful neighborhood.
4. I am not able to enter or exit my driveway safely. Did you know that the Ynez/DePortola Corridor has one of the fastest speed limits of city streets despite being one of the only streets with 45 mph speed limit that has many driveways accessing it.
5. People that do not live in our neighborhood drive through our neighborhood not obeying the speed limits to get to their own quiet neighborhood.
6. Speeding and the number of cars travelling these roads makes it difficult to ride a horse or walk your dog in the Los Ranchitos trail system because traffic control measures are not in place to allow safe crossings.
7. I oppose the widening of Ynez, La Paz and De Portola roads thru our neighborhood because it will just make the current situation worse.
8. Please reduce the speed limit as we are a neighborhood with our driveways on these roads and have no safety buffer. Entering or exiting driveways is almost impossible especially with a horse trailer or RV.
9. Please help Council and Planning Board members, you are our only hope in protecting our quality of life in Temecula.