- This event has passed.
Public/Traffic Safety Commission meeting 07/27/23 @06:00pm
July 27 @ 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
The next Public/Traffic Safety Commission meeting will be held on Thursday, July 27, 2023, at 6:00 p.m., at the Council Chambers located at 41000 Main Street, Temecula, California.
Please try to attend ! We need as many participants as possible to let the Council Members & Traffic Safety Commission know the Ynez -De Portola Rd widening is NOT a good project for our city and our community. Our safety and our way of life are at risk.
OUR VOICES HEARD IN PERSON WILL HAVE THE GREATEST EFFECT!
You will have 3 minutes to speak on topics of importance to the Los Ranchitos lifestyle. Please try to be at the meeting even if you don’t plan on speaking.
Background Info: The City of Temecula, City Council have heard the concerns of the LRHOA homeowners and has put our concerns on the agenda.
The Board is asking you to attend and or speak. If you cannot attend or speak, please send an email to PlanningCommission@temeculaca.gov to be read into the minutes (please reference the above meeting). Helpful talking points are outlined below.
If you cannot attend or speak, please send an email to TrafficSafetyCommission@TemeculaCA.gov to be read into the minutes (please reference the above meeting).
Planned road widenings of Ynez, De Portola, La Paz Rd
· Current Speed Limits too high – requesting a safer 35mph speed limit
· Traffic Calming with the addition of crosswalks, at key locations, more signalized horse crossings and increase road striping in the existing horse crossings, improved signage.
More details on the widening can be found on the page Ynez-De Portola Rd widening update 05/20/23 .
Feel free to use the following talking points below in your discussion and/or in your email (would be great to restate in your own words or add your own points):
1. Give: your name, address, how long you have lived in Temecula.
2. State: why you chose to live in Temecula and the Los Ranchitos area.
3. I am concerned with the increase number of cars cutting thru our beautiful neighborhood.
4. I am not able to enter or exit my driveway safely. Did you know that the Ynez/DePortola Corridor has one of the fastest speed limits of city streets despite being one of the only streets with 45 mph speed limit that has many driveways accessing it.
5. People that do not live in our neighborhood drive through our neighborhood not obeying the speed limits to get to their own quiet neighborhood.
6. Speeding and the number of cars travelling these roads makes it difficult to ride a horse or walk your dog in the Los Ranchitos trail system because traffic control measures are not in place to allow safe crossings.
7. I oppose the widening of Ynez, La Paz and De Portola roads thru our neighborhood because it will just make the current situation worse.
8. Please reduce the speed limit as we are a neighborhood with our driveways on these roads and have no safety buffer. Entering or exiting driveways is almost impossible especially with a horse trailer or RV.
9. Please help Council and Planning Board members, you are our only hope in protecting our quality of life in Temecula.